Quality Of Life Pure Balance Serotonin
Serotonin is an important chemical and neurotransmitter that influences nearly every system within the body. It is believed to help regulate mood, stress response, behavior, appetite and digestion, sleep, memory, and even sexual performance.
When your body is unable to produce enough serotonin (whether from age, lack of appropriate nutrients to create it, or illness), it can produce a snowball of health issues. Some of these are believed to include; anxiety, depression, irritability, insomnia, poor appetite, low sex drive, difficulty learning and remembering information, and even chronic pain.
Quality of Life Pure Balance Serotonin provides a blend of the raw materials your body needs to create serotonin naturally. It also provides nutrients that support the various areas where you may currently be struggling, such as with mood, sleep, weight, and stress.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): Vitamin D is one of the nutrients our bodies seem to use for just about everything. It strengthens bone by aiding calcium absorption, helps to regulate immune function, protects prostate cells, and boosts brain chemicals needed for positive mood, including serotonin.* While our bodies manufacture Vitamin D from sunlight, most of us are surprisingly deficient in sun exposure — and, consequently, Vitamin D as well.
- 5-HTP (L-5 Hydroxytryptophan): This naturally-occurring amino acid is used as a raw material to create serotonin in the body. Research has shown that 5-HTP levels are directly linked to serotonin levels. As the amount of 5-HTP increases in the body, so do serotonin levels. Double-blind, placebo-controlled human studies have found that 5-HTP can help support a positive mood, reduce appetite, and enhance weight loss.*
- Rhodiola root extract (Rhodiola rosea): This herb grows in cold regions all over the world. As an adaptogenic herb, it helps the body adapt to stress, whether that be emotional, environmental, or otherwise. It’s well-known for its ability to increase serotonin levels and other neurotransmitters in the body, such as norepinephrine and dopamine. It helps these chemicals and hormones cross the blood-brain barrier where they can be utilized. It also helps to decrease monoamine oxidase, which degrades these chemicals, and supports a positive mood.
- Relora®: This ingredient in our serotonin supplement is a proprietary blend of standardized extracts of magnolia and phellodendron bark. It contains compounds of berberine and honokiol, both of which help to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol contributes to weight gain by increasing appetite and fat formation. By reducing the levels of cortisol, Relora® can help support weight loss.
- L-theanine: This amino acid has been clinically shown to prevent over-stimulation and produce a state of relaxed alertness by producing calming alpha brain waves.* It raises levels of several inhibitory neurotransmitters, including serotonin and GABA. It also prevents L-glutamic acid, an excitatory neurotransmitter, from binding to receptors.*
Low levels of serotonin may also contribute to difficulty losing weight. An appropriate supply of serotonin helps your body to balance itself with good quality sleep, a normal appetite, and a cheerful outlook. When the body is brought back into balance, you may find that you more easily shed excess weight.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule three times daily before meals.
Cautions: Keep out of the reach of children. Consult a physician before taking this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications, or have a medical condition.
Questions? We’ve got answers! Click the LiveChat button in the lower right hand side of your screen to start talking with one of our Wellness Consultants or call one of our stores to speak with a member of our team.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
Ingredients: Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol), 5-HTP (L-5 hydroxytryptophan from Griffoniasimplicifolia seed), L-theanine, Relora® (proprietary blend containing Magnolia standardized bark extract, Phellodendron standardized bark extract), Rhodiola extract (root) (standardized for 5% rosavins[6mg])
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose, leucine, pregelatinized food starch, corn starch, silica, olive oil, tapioca dextrin
Quality of Life was established more than 20 years ago. Throughout the years they have maintained their vision:
“To provide consumers with access to a wide variety of condition specific supplements formulated with unique nutraceutical ingredients.”
Twenty years of experience keeps them on top of the latest trends. While trends come and go, something that never changes is Quality of Life’s passionate commitment to their customers. And that’s why they have so many satisfied customers!
Because of their dedication to their customer’s needs, all of their products are developed using evidence based science.
“Every single ingredient in every one of our products is backed by human studies and delivered in dosages consistent with clinical research.”
What does that mean to you? Confidence! Quality of Life delivers products that will provide real results. You can count on it!
Over the years they’ve received some notable awards and recognition for their products:
- NutrAward for “Best Finished Product of the Year: AHCC® and VitaPQQ®
- NutrAward-Winning Ingredients: Oligonol® and L-92®
The team at Quality of Life enthusiastically stands behind the products they’ve developed. This amazing group of professionals is serious about bringing you products that can improve your “quality of life”. They take pride in their work and enjoy what they do!
At The Healthy Place, we strive for accuracy in our product images and information. However, manufacturers may make changes to product packaging or ingredients that are not yet reflected on our site. We recommend that you read the labels, warnings, and directions on purchased products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by The Healthy Place.
The information provided here is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information and recommendations given on this site, in email correspondence, newsletters or other materials provided by The Healthy Place is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice nor be viewed as a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a healthcare provider. Consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before modifying, stopping, or starting the use of any medications, health programs, diets, and/or supplements, as well as regarding any health concerns you may have. Our statements and information have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration. As with any health-related program, product, or service, your risks and results may vary. We expressly disclaim responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the information provided to you here.