Why should you take a fiber supplement? Because all too often, the standard American diet is dismally short on natural fibers — fruits and veggies! But even for those of us who eat a balanced diet, we may still struggle with digestive upset due to sensitivities or digestive disorders.
Whenever diarrhea or constipation occurs, a great way to soothe your digestion and keep things moving is with fiber supplements. Fiber encourages consistent bowel movements and properly formed stools.* Our nutrition store offers a carefully chosen selection of our favorite digestive fiber supplements so that you can feel your best and trust you’re using a top-quality product.
There are two kinds of fiber (soluble and insoluble) and they perform two major roles:
- Soluble fiber helps form soft, easy-to-pass stools, and enhances the bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract.
- Insoluble fiber gets things moving so you have regular bowel movements.
Sometimes you need one kind of fiber, but usually, you need both! We sell both soluble and insoluble fiber supplements, as well as those with a blend of both!
Explore Fiber Supplements
TALK TO A WELLNESS CONSULTANT WITH LIVE CHAT!
FREE SHIPPING ON EVERY ORDER!
One thing is obvious: you need more fiber! But how do you know which kind of fiber you need?
Browse our broad selection — we have all kinds of fiber supplements for men, women, kids, and toddlers! Fiber gummies are the perfect option for kids or for those who have difficulty swallowing pills. Fiber pills or fiber capsules are a quick and simple way to add a fiber supplement into your daily routine. Fiber drinks or a fiber powder are the perfect addition to your morning coffee, tea, or smoothie routine!
As you look around our online nutrition store, you’ll notice a few common types of fiber:
- Psyllium husk fiber: This is an excellent all-natural source of both soluble and insoluble fiber! Which explains why we recommend psyllium fiber as one of the best fiber supplements!* Bonus: this is a plant-based fiber!
- Prebiotic and probiotic fiber: Did you know that fiber supplements double as a prebiotic? Prebiotics don’t get digested by your body — and that’s a good thing! Instead, they fuel the probiotics in your digestive tract to give your gut extra strength, and then prebiotics turn into additional beneficial bacteria. It’s a win-win situation!
- Yeast: Your body naturally contains a variety of yeasts that help you digest food and stay healthy. That’s why some of our products are in the form of a concentrated yeast that feeds billions of bacteria in your gut. Don’t worry, many of these are gluten-free!
What’s the big deal about soluble and insoluble fiber, anyway? Both types of fiber offer specific benefits for gut health.
Soluble fiber dissolves in water. It turns into a gel-like substance in your digestive tract and ultimately feeds the good bacteria in your colon. It boosts healthy gut bacteria, helps maintain healthy inflammation levels within your GI tract, and prevents your body from absorbing fat.* It may also help to lower cholesterol and blood sugar. If you’re struggling with general digestive difficulties, this is the fiber to choose!
Insoluble fiber doesn’t dissolve in water — and that’s a good thing! Since your body can’t digest it, insoluble fiber helps form soft stool and encourages regular bowel movements. Insoluble fiber softens stool and prevents constipation by encouraging regular bowel movements. It’s a great choice for easing symptoms of IBS or to help you feel full after eating.
We know it can be difficult to talk about potty problems, but we also know that fiber supplements can relieve your digestive discomforts! Let’s talk on our LiveChat so we can help you order the best fiber supplement today!